Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Translation to Teaching

I have been thinking about how I can incorporate all that I have learned into teaching my high school students. In the past couple of years I have used a Visual Calendar as a warm up exercise. The students are supposed to draw something each day. They may choose whatever is on their mind to do a quick 3 minute sketch. I find that a lot of the kids do not know what to draw and end of scribbling something on the date just to do it. I have been thinking that it would be a little more interesting to make a calendar flag book that has at least twenty pages (4 weeks x 5 days). I would then give a prompt a day or maybe a prompt every other day. Maybe a prompt one day, a response to the previous days work, then a prompt again and keep alternating. Maybe the uniqueness of the book it self would keep them interested. The prompts are such a great jumping off point that I will definitely use some of the ones from this class with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment