Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Project Book




I love the idea of a Project Book. I have never planned out a project in this way. My project book is based on my four dogs. Through research I actually learned a little more about the temperment of each of the different breeds of dogs that I have. I then started thinking about how truly unique each dog is which led me to their eyes. Dogs can say so much with just the eyes. They show happiness and sadness with just a change in the eyes. My thoughts led me to doing large scale paintings of dog eyes. Upon further travels in my brain, I got to thinking about the markings of the different breeds. Another large scale, close up of their abstraction of dog markings came to mind. The other idea I stumbled upon was doing large scale paintings of the different features. I really like the brown wash close up of my Lab's freckley nose.

I will continue my project book and further explore my Daschund's snout (a very prominent feature), my Beagle's mouth (they are known for their bark), and my Jack Russell's eyes (since she is the one that really has a lot going on in her mind). I would love to hang these in a grouping almost building a larger than life face of a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment