Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Translation, Nicole Kirkpatrick

Thinking about which one of our projects/exercises to bring into my classroom was tough. I'm thinking that there is definitely more than one (if not all of them) that I can use in my classroom. To narrow it down though, I truly think I'd have to say it would be the Altered book. I've been wanting to do that for a very long time, but never really had anyone show me an easy way I could use it in my classroom. The steps to alter it really made it easy for me to get started. It did take me (I think) longer to get to the end on my book than others (as far as the ideas went), but with the use of all the transfers, it made it easier for me. I really think I'll be able to use the "themed" project book as well. I was thinking how wonderful it will be to see my middle schoolers working on a discarded book from our own media center, and bringing out their own ideas in it.
I know I was only to talk about one I could use, but I also liked the color book as well. What a very neat and interesting way to use colored paint swatches. I may use this as well in their sketchbooks. All that we learned is just great, and I truly can't wait to put all I've learned into my classroom this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment